Recommendations for Rotary Engine Vehicle Maintenance &
In order to prolong the
life of your rotary engine vehicle and engine we suggest the following
- *Change oil &
filter every 2500-3000 miles or every 3-Months
- Use NON-SYNTHETIC oil ONLY
- 10W40 : Winter
- 20W50 : Summer
30K miles perform the following maintenance;
- Replace Coolant and ensure adequate levels at all times.
- Replace Spark Plugs [Leading: BUR7EQ (NGK
3559), Trailing: BUR9EQ (NGK 5483)]
- Replace Air Filter
- Replace Brake Fluid
- Replace Manual Transmission Oil (Redline MT-90)
- Replace Rear Axle Oil (Redline MT-90)
- Examine & Lubricate Front Wheel Bearings
15K miles perform the following;
- Replace Fuel Filter
- Inspect Brakes, Brake Lines, Fuel Lines, Cooling system
lines, (replace, repair or clean if necessary)
- Ensure adequate oil level between oil changes.
- DO NOT operate car when 'Add Coolant' light/buzzer
- On Turbo cars specifically;
- Use high-octane fuel (93, 94, etc.)
- Install aftermarket Boost Gauge (e.g. Autometer, APEXi,
- DO NOT boost while engine is cold.
- DO NOT allow gas tank to fall below 1/4 full.
- Pay particular attention to all fluids and
attend to any leaks ASAP.
- Ensure adequate "Warm Up" prior to driving.
- Be cautious when driving in high temperatures.
Avoid excessive boost when intake/ambient temperature is above 90 degrees
Vacuum Lines are supple. If hard or cracked replace immediately. Click
Here for stock FD Vacuum Line Diagram.
- Regular tuning is required to ensure best performance
and engine reliability.
- Push RPMs to >4500 frequently to avoid carbon
- Check Vehicle Owner's Manual for complete maintenance
- Ensure that all upgrades are 'staged' in order
to ensure supporting modifications are in place to prevent serious problems
*Note: When purchasing an RX-7 we recommend that you perform a complete
maintenance checkup and replace/inspect all asterisked (*)
items listed immediately.
Home button if necessary to visit Banzai Racing's Website